About Countdown to Summer
“Countdown to Summer” is a Fresh Air Fund tradition that helps us raise the funds necessary to give New York City's children from under-resourced communities the enriching summer experience they look forward to and deserve.
Since 1877, The Fresh Air Fund has provided these youngsters with free summer adventures in the country, and right now, thousands of kids are counting down the days until they can leave the city for a breath of fresh air. They can't wait to see their friends and jump into the lake, but we need your support to make it happen – nearly 75 percent of all funding that The Fresh Air Fund receives comes from friends like you!
And it doesn’t take a lot to make a child happy…
- $21 provides a bus ticket to camp
- $35 sends a child on a two-day hiking trip
- $50 funds a box of art supplies
- $91 feeds a camper with healthy meals for a week
- $100 provides a week of swimming lessons
- $962 funds a full week at camp
Your gift today can help turn this summer into an adventure of a lifetime. Please give as generously as you can.